Cloud App Security

Welcome! You can use this site to give feedback directly to our engineering teams that build the security products you rely on. You can suggest features or design changes, and vote on suggestions others have made. If you would like to further engage our engineering teams, please join our Security Community by visiting https://aka.ms/SecurityCommunity.

To learn more about Microsoft Cloud App Security or try it out, visit the product page.

How can we improve Cloud App Security?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Layer MCAS Policies

We'd like to be able to spawn notifications if several policies are triggered by the same user within a time-frame. For instance, we'd like to be alerted if a user trips off "Activity from infrequent country" AND THEN sets up "Suspicious mail forwarding" or conducts "Unusual file deletion activity"

6 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  I am a customer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create filters for default anomaly detection policies

We would like to have the option of applying filters to default anomaly detection policies or have the ability to create custom policies that can have anomaly detection's applied.

eg. a "Activity from infrequent country" policy could be applied to users from domain.com but not sub.domain.com.

The idea behind this is to reduce white noise for a domain we are not concerned about

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Delete API Integrations no Longer Needed

We would like to be able to delete the API integrations in the console to keep a clean state. As of today you can only disable them. Also, being able to delete all their information from the CAS console is ideal as the API is no longer needed.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Expand Dropbox Governance Actions through API

Expand governance actions available via API for Dropbox to include suspension of user and quarantine of files.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Possibility to exclude some extensions

When you are creating CAS rules you have the possibility to filter files that ends with some extension. It would be useful to be able to choose files that not ends with specific extension too.

As a scenario, the ransomware rule is searching for known crypto extensions but it will not work for new extensions - if we would have the possibility to exclude known file types (like xlsx, docx, pdfs, etc) we would have chances to spot ransomware (suspicious activity) faster.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• box other emails as Target

Customer case: We need to map the "mail" attribute from Active Directory to "other emails" attribute in Box, so that users can use their email address from AD as an Email in Box. The issue is that the “Other Emails” attribute from Box is not available to be mapped. After selecting “Add New Mapping” option, we are able to select “mail” as Source attribute, but we cannot select “Other Emails” as Target attribute. User 1 sends a request to user 2 using anything other than their UPN then box will attempt to create a personal account rather than identifying user…

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I am an employee of Microsoft  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Consolidate CAS dashboard with other Microsoft security products

Currently, customers must visit a separate dashboard to use each Microsoft security product (e.g., CAS, ATA, ASC, O365 Security). It would be easier if all security products could be used from a single dashboard.

25 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  I am a customer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Support NetFlow data

You need to be able to accept NetFlow data. This would greatly expand the number of systems you could accept data from. I would start with Netflow v5 support so that you could get a larger number of devices.

6 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Email address verification process is desired when configured in anomaly detection policy

Email address verification process is desired when configured in anomaly detection policy

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I am a customer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Auto-generation of MCAS reports and Auto-send to specified email

Currently MCAS reports are generated manualy.
                      A feature that auto-generates MCAS reports on regular basis (Ex: 1 month,4 month) would add great value and save time. Once the report is generated an auto-send functionality to email addresses would be much useful.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• MSSP Integration and more

MSSPs should be able to alter or add additional permissions to the partner portal relative to accessing additional items - like cloud app security. It is a setting somewhere and likely in the azure portal already, but we do not have the ability to modify. This applies to not only just Cloud App Security, but also other security and compliance sections that we are blocked from accessing.

Complete integration - We should be able to manage it from a single portal - not multiple. We should see an alert and signature, but the data itself should remain segregated on a…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I am a partner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add / Remove user accounts that can view MCAS reports in de-anonymize mode.

MCAS reports are displayed in anonymous mode (i.e. displays no. of users accessing a cloud app). A feature to view MCAS report in de-anonymous mode for specific accounts would be good a feature. Admin must have ability to add / remove users who can view MCAS reports in de-anonymous mode.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• change of severity of policy

Be able to change the severity in policies that are by default. For example: the impossible travel policy has an average severity and for most organizations, it should have a high severity.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I am a partner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Add flexibility in policy alert criteria time frame

Currently when configuring policies such as "new app discovery", you can only set an alert to fire based on daily usage statistics like upload/download/users, etc. We would appreciate flexibility in the time frame for these alerts -- i.e., setting thresholds based on weekly or monthly usage as well.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• MCAS reports/export has formatting issue

MCAS reports/export has formatting issue, with Notepad, Excel, parsers, etc.
                                I know that this is not a CR LF only a LF, the issue is that the LF are causing formatting issue with Notepad, Excel, parsers, etc. I know that normal parsers use CR LF for next line. This is a visibility issue. We need an option of an export without LF’s in it. And only CR LF for a next line.

The visibility issue on reports/export from MCAS has formatting issue with Notepad, Excel, parsers, etc makes it hard to view the reports/export and Especially on sorting the data.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Mcas to correlate discovery missing Information from Mcas data on O365/azure access.

Mcas to correlate discovery missing Information from Mcas data on O365/azure access. We understand that some syslogs lack user information, we would like Mcas to correlate this from Mcas data O365/azure access. Some level of cross referencing is needed to make the syslogs collected useful. Such a time stamp correlation between O365/azure access and page accessing from internal IP’s.

MCAS Discovery lack user information. We need this to understand the MCAS Discovery data/reports.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Oracle Apps?

Hey team: Are Oracle apps on the roadmap to be added to Cloud App Security? Also, can a custom API be set within CASBY to allow Oracle monitoring and policy deployment?

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I am an employee of Microsoft  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • File Filter - Globbing

When filtering on file activity I would like to filter based on parent folder. I want to know events based on the files currently in the folder, but also any new files that are added (and the fact they were added). Currently you can only specify individual files.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Override admin roles from Azure AD and Office 365

As a company administrator I would like to be able to limit access to Cloud App Security for Azure AD or Office 365 based roles. Currently permissions can only be added - not restricted.

As an example an AAD based security reader has currently clearly more access to sensitive information in Cloud App Security than in Azure AD.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• rss

Can you come up with a way to alert partners/clients about upcoming changes to the CAS service? Maybe allow us to subscribe to an RSS feed or something similar on this page https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/9121453-access-file-server-on-on-premises-network ? We need to know about updates to the service ASAP since we have some downstream MSP processes built on feeds from CAS. Thanks!

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I am a partner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base